Celebrate Knott’s delicious roots during its Boysenberry Festival harvested in the theme park’s historic Ghost Town. The 16-day festival returns with an unforgettable lineup of:
- Exquisite Boysenberry Bites
- Dazzling entertainment
- Gourmet food
- Wine and Craft Brew Tasting Garden
- plus the limited time return of the classic Bear-y Tales characters in a pie making kitchen, and more!
In the 1930s Walter Knott harvested the boysenberry, a cross between a loganberry, red raspberry and blackberry, and named the new berry after its originator Rudolph Boysen. Today, all boysenberries in the world can trace their roots back to Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Farm-made Berry Market™ Boysenberry BBQ Sauce during the widely acclaimed Boysenberry Festival. During the food fest, the tangy, finger lickin’ good sauce will add the perfect flavor to ribs, BBQ chicken, chicken wings, and more.
- Fried cheese curds paired with a spicy boysenberry dipping sauce
- Fish and chips sandwich with boysenberry tartar sauce
- Boysenberry ICEE Floats
- Boysenberry Frappuccino and Latte (served at the new Gourmet Coffee Hut which proudly serves Starbucks drinks),
- and more charbroiled treats cooked on open-air barbeques throughout the streets of the festival.
- Additional fee for tastings.
Guests who want to take home the exquisite sauce can do so by stopping by the Berry Market, General Store in Ghost Town or by visiting knotts.com.
Guests can wine, dine, dance, and buy boysenberry inspired products throughout the winding streets of the Old West. Festival entrances will feature rustic banners and oversized boysenberries, just ripe for taking that special photo.
Walter & Cordelia Knott’s Original Roadside Boysenberry Stand will be recreated for the special event, from which guests can purchase authentic boysenberry plants. The Knott family sold freshly picked boysenberries from the original stand, and the rest, as they say, is history!
The Wine and Craft Brew Garden, located inside of Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall, will feature an assortment of wine and craft brew labels, in addition to a variety of boysenberry inspired gourmet food that’s just bursting with flavor. Just outside of the Dance Hall, towering sculpted topiaries provide shade during warm spring days and twinkle brighter than stars at night.
KNOTTS BOYSENBERRY FESTIVAL LIVE ENTERTAINMENT LINE UP:
- At Birdcage Square, located in front of the famous Birdcage Theatre. A stage will be set for daily Knotts Boysenberry Festival Contests like pie eating, a pie walk, and Grandpa’s Boysenberry PJs Contest, where guests will race to stuff the oversized long johns with balloons.
- In the evening, the Square will have guests kicking up their heels with vine dancing, a down home jug band and dueling fiddlers and banjos!
- At night, just inside of the Birdcage Theatre, things get krazy when Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies mount their toe tappin’, knee-slappin’, gut-bustin’ country comedy show that will have audiences clamoring for more!
NEW FOR 2015 KNOTTS BOYSENBERRY FESTIVAL:
Right up the road from Birdcage Square, kids can join the classic Bear-y Tales characters in their very own pie making kitchen inside of Ghost Town’s Craft Barn. With the help of Razz Bear-y, Boysen Bear-y and the other Bear-y family members, each beautifully painted scene will follow the world famous boysenberry from field to blue ribbon winning pie! The pint sized chefs can also make their very own delightfully sweet boysenberry tarts complete with a crumble topping. Additional cost applies for tart making.
KNOTTS BOYSENBERRY FESTIVAL SHOWS:
- Peanuts Party in the Park celebrates spring in a big way with infectious music, vibrant set design, and an invitation for the audience to be a part of the show!
- After sundown, Jammin’ in the Dark will transform the blooming circle into an immersive dance party complete with illuminated boysenberries, vines and LED lighting effects affixed to the Charleston fountain; DJ HowLy will spin the hottest dance music for all ages. The boysenberry celebration is almost too much fun to stomach!
- Boysenberry themed stand-in cutouts, like wanted posters, a boysenberry farming family and more.
- Watch special demonstrations including a chainsaw wood sculpting, glass blowing and blacksmithing.
- Meet Ghost Town’s mayor, Mayor Desmond Ryder and his lovely wife, Josephine. From day to night, Ghost Town has never looked so lively.
- Meet the Easter Beagle and his friends – Charlie Brown, Lucy, Sally and Linus.
- In Camp Snoopy Theatre, Lucy’s Really BIG Spring Show will showcase the Peanuts pals singing, dancing, and celebrating springtime.
- Cha-cha-cha at the Fiesta Village, where everyone can to take to the floor to the rhythmic beat of popular Latin dance music.
- The Boysenberry Festival is included with admission to Knott’s Berry Farm, get your cheap Knotts Berry Farm Tickets here.
- Additional cost for food tasting experiences within the event
- Knott’s has extended hours from 10am to 10pm during the Festival March 28 – April 12, 2015
- For affordable year-round fun for everyone and to explore the all the Festival fun, Season Passes can be purchased online at knotts.com starting at $84 or with six easy installment payments of $14 now until April 12, 2015.