Where: Greek Orthodox Church, 5761 E Colorado St Long Beach, CA 90814-1900
When: August 31-September 2, 2013 Labor Day Weekend, Saturday-Monday
Cost: $3 Donation, Kids Free
More Info: Visit Greek Festival's Website
The food offerings:
- Greek Rotisserie chicken/s with lemon juice, olive oil, and Greek oregano.
- Gyros (thinly sliced lamb in a pita with a spicy Tzatziki yogurt sauce served with Greek seasoned fries.
- Greek Salad
- Roasted leg of lamb, as only the Greeks can make.
- Pastitsio (seasoned ground beef and macaroni topped with a tasty Bechamel sauce.
- Spanakopita (filo pastry with spinach and Greek Feta cheese filing)
- Tyropita (Greek Feta Cheese wrapped in Filo dough),
- Dolmades (marinated grape leaves stuffed with rice and seasoned ground beef).
- Greek seasoned chicken, lamb, chicken and vegetarian shish kabobs (Souvlakia).
- the world known famous Baklava.
- Koulourakia (traditional Greek cookies).
- Kourabeithes (melt in your mouth butter cookies dusted in powdered sugar).
- Galatobouriko (Greek custard wrapped in filo pastry, sweetened with light honey syrup).
- Diples (delicately rolled pastry dough, crisped & drenched in honey and sprinkled with cinnamon and walnuts).
- Loukoumathes. Long Beach is known for their Loukoumathes. The Hennig family have been making them for many, many years. Delicious! If you have never tried them go by the booth and try a sample. You will definitely go back for more. They are mouthwatering, feather light little puffs of pastry like donut holes smothered in honey and sprinkled with cinnamon and walnuts. All of the above are excellent and go very well with a hot cup of fresh brewed Greek coffee (Kafe) or Greek iced coffee (Frappe).
FREE PARKING AT CAL STATE LONG BEACH
– @ Atherton & Palo Verde Ave
- Campus Parking Structure
- FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE TO AND FROM CHURCH GROUNDS
- ALL THREE DAYS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.